The Embassy Church is a small group of people who believe in the love and power of God revealed in Jesus Christ to change lives because we have personally experienced Him working in our lives. We are affiliated with The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada.
What We Believe
- The Holy Bible is the Word of God. Those who want to misquote it and find fault with it may and will. Those who believe it is God’s instructions for life on earth will obey it, may prosper or may just become religious. Those who treasure it, eat it, meditate on it and submit to it will be changed from the inside out because it is the living word of God from which God speaks and feeds our spirit. Jesus of Nazareth is the Word of God. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God….all things were made by him…” John 1:1-3 “The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth.” John 1:14
- That Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He was born of a virgin, lived as a man on this earth in relative obscurity until he was about 33 years old.
- At the appointed time he was revealed to be the Son of God, through the testimony of John the Baptist, after which time he spent 40 days in the wilderness being tempted and tested by the devil. He then returned in the power of the Holy Spirit and went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil. His life among the people was a revelation of the heart and desire of God, His Father. He said, “I only do the things I see the Father doing”. He told his disciples, “if you have seen me you have seen the Father”, “I and my Father are One”, “the words that I speak are spirit and they are life”….. Read the Gospel of John from the Bible to learn more.
- Once again at the appointed time, he laid down his life – no one took it from him. The creator of the universe became a man, and although Jesus of Nazareth, the man, never sinned He received the sin of the human race into himself so that He could receive the punishment for that sin, when he was put to death on a cross. He said before his death, “if I be lifted up I will draw all men (peoples) to myself.” 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should [c]not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:14-17
- We believe that those who confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God; that He died on the cross for them and receive him as Savior and Lord, will be born again by the Spirit of God and become children of God who can now begin to grow up into all that God has for them.